Broken migration, where to look for problem?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Broken migration, where to look for problem?

Hi,

I apologize for the vagueness of my questions, but I’m not even sure where to start (and I am not really qualified to be working on this!)

A month ago I was given the job of upgrading our web server to meet certain requirements. It came, initially, with IspCP, running Debian 6. The provider upgraded us to Debian 7 and EasySCP 1-point-something. Then I had to upgrade PHP and fix a lot of things. One of the things that broke was EasySCP 1.

Once I confirmed that I could do the basic tasks we needed through the console (secure folders, make databases) I attempted to install EasySCP 2.0.0. I followed the directions as best I could, but the installation failed.

Unfortunately, that caused a lot of problems, like none of the virtual websites were visible anymore, and no one could log in and get email. I found the backup configuration files (Thank you for doing that!) and got Apache straightened out. I got our service provider to reinstall EasySCP 1.1.15. But people still can’t log in to the mail server to get their mail, though SMTP works.

We’ve also lost the ability to log into any of the virtual accounts in the EasySCP control panel. I suspect, given the dates on files and the combination of problems that there’s an issue with SSL authentication? But, like I said at the start, I am just a dabbler in Linux. I don’t really know what I’m doing, so I don’t know what to look at. I’ve been trying for 3 weeks now.

The mail server still works—it receives and forwards mail, but I need to fix whatever went wrong.

Any leads where I should focus my efforts? If seeing any logs or configuration files that would help, let me know and I will post them.

Thank you for any help. ;(
    • Hi,

i think that you has overwriten you KEY/IV, so EasySCP has problems to read/write her database correctly.

To switch from 1.x to 2.x you need to upgrade your EasySCP database manually at the moment (so it looks same as a fresh from 2.0), then you can Install EasySCP 2.0, set all Domains, Mail Accounts etc. to "add", an let EasySCP make the rest for you. After the EasySCP debugger has finished his work, all will running fine and without problems.

If you need some assistant write me a pm.
      Gruss
      Shadow
    • ShadowJumper wrote:

To switch from 1.x to 2.x you need to upgrade your EasySCP database manually at the moment (so it looks same as a fresh from 2.0), then you can Install EasySCP 2.0, set all Domains, Mail Accounts etc. to "add", an let EasySCP make the rest for you. After the EasySCP debugger has finished his work, all will running fine and without problems.

Well. I tried this but certainly did something wrong as the configuration stuck somewhere. Sub-domains did not work and the debuger does not configure them. It's not that tragic, as I tried this on a copy of the running server. I never want to try this live.

Since there is a lot that can go wrong and we cannot reasonably expect you to write a detailed walk-through, it probably is a good advice to wait until the final 2.0 is available that is meant to provide an automatic upgrade. Right?

So is there a rough estimation when this might happen?