Update from 1.1.15 to 2.0.2 or 2.1.0

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Update from 1.1.15 to 2.0.2 or 2.1.0

Hello
      Opensuse system

EasySCP 1.1.15
      build: 20140201

I have long been 1.1.15 however this is an old version. Works very well. However, it does not support the new php and other. I want to upgrade to 2.0.2.
      How to upgrade easyscp database to not lose data?
      Did any of you do such an upgrade and can give you tips?
      300 email accounts, 20 virtual server and mysql database.
      Thank you very much for help.
    • ShadowJumper wrote:

you got pm.
      Well, I still have essentially the same request for a debian server. I did not manage to get a clean transfer to a fresh (spare) server installation, so I could eventually try an in-place upgrade. But since this procedure potentially changes quite some essential parts of the system, the only possible rollback is probably a full server restore. In case anything goes wrong along the path, I'm facing much trouble and down time.

So when there is some trusted procedure I can follow, I'd give it a try.

Wouldn't it be more practical to make this public instead of individual PM? I cannot think of some private details in this procedure.
      :whistling:
    • Salutations!

We are attempting to stand up a new box with EasySCP 2.1 and migrate a 1.1 installation to it. I don't see any information available that gives any clue as to what has to be done here or if it is even possible. I am unsure if the best course of action is to stand everything up on the new server with EasySCP 1.1 and upgrade that installation, or if I should migrate from the 1.1 server to a brand new 2.1 server.

Any direction would be very appreciated!

Thank You!
    • Hi Shadow Jumper,

I have a similar problem. I managed to transfer the data from the old to the new server. When I try to click execute requests in the EasySCP debugger, it does only the htaccess users but not the domains and mail accounts.

The server is Ubuntu 16.04 with the latest EasySCP.

The steps I took are the following.

After updating Ubuntu and install packages I ran the setup from the console.

Before the web setup I replaced the IV/key entries in the config.xml
      Then run the web setup.

I imported the database manually as there are some changes in the field names from the old server to the new one Such as "Domain_Status" is changed to "Status" in the new version.

Changed the status to "Add"

I then copied the files from /var/www/virtual to the new server.

Then go to EasySCP Debugger and click on the "Execute Requests".

The result was as I've indicated above. It only does the htaccess but not the domain and mail accounts.

I've checked the Daemons and restarted them and tried executing again but it fails

Please help

The post was edited 1 time, last by zaheerma ().

• I discovered more problems.

When I try to add a domain the normal way, it also fails with the following error

Checking of htaccess related data failed
      Handling of htaccess for tester.com failed!
      Writing htaccess users failed
      Failed to write htaccess_users for tester.com

Please help
    • Replace on the old server "var/www/easyscp/gui/include/EasySCP/Update/Database.php" with the one from the version you want install on the new server.

Then log in on the old server. It will inform you that database updates are available. Make them, after that export the database on the old server.

Install the new server.

!!!Important !!!

Before enter Web GUI Setup, replace KEY/IV in setup.yml with the one from old server.

Finish WEG GUI Setup.

Replace db with the old one you export.

Execute the followin sql querys on easyscp db

SQL-Query

1. UPDATE `domain` SET STATUS = 'add';
      2. UPDATE `domain_aliasses` SET STATUS = 'add';
      3. UPDATE `htaccess` SET STATUS = 'add';
      4. UPDATE `htaccess_groups` SET STATUS = 'add';
      5. UPDATE `htaccess_users` SET STATUS = 'add';
      6. UPDATE `mail_users` SET STATUS = 'add';
      7. UPDATE `sql_database` SET `status` = 'add';
      8. UPDATE `sql_user` SET `status` = 'add';
      9. UPDATE `subdomain` SET STATUS = 'add';
      10. UPDATE `subdomain_alias` SET STATUS = 'add';
      Then log into panel and do all open requests in the EasySCP debugger.
      Gruss
      Shadow
    • Hi Shadow Jumper,

I followed every single step that you gave and all was successful until the requests in the EasySCP debugger page.

I get the following error:
      Checking of htaccess related data failed
      Handling of htaccess for domain1.co.za failed!
      Writing htaccess users failed
      Failed to write htaccess_users for domain1.co.za

Have I left something out or missed a file or something?

Where you said about the IV/KEYS in setup.yml Im sure you meant config.xml right?
    • Ok, I enabled debugging mode using easyscp.config.

It still gives the very same error with no additional information. I looked at the daemon log file in /var/log/easyscp and I see the following:

[Jan 07 18:01:00] warning: [PHP Warning] file_put_contents(/var/www/virtual/domain1.co.za/.htpasswd): failed to open stream: No such file or directory [l:396]
      [Jan 07 18:01:00] warning: Failed to write content to /var/www/virtual/domain1.co.za/.htpasswd [l:1512]
      [Jan 07 18:01:00] warning: Failed to write htaccess_users fordomain1.co.za [l:375]
      [Jan 07 18:01:00] info: Finished DaemonCore subprocess.
      [Jan 07 18:01:00] info: Closing connection.

So I restored the Database to its original state and tried adding a domain without importing my database from the old server. This worked which leads me to believe that something goes wrong after I import my old Database.

I ran the update on the old server before I exported the DB. When I export the DB I leave out the following Tables. "Config; Log; Server IPS; Server_traffic"

The reason is because the import fails every time on Server_traffic because the fields are still different even after the database update and for the other tables I dont want to bring the ports and IP addressing over to the new server as well as the logs files.
    • Hi,

I've done it in the .xml file now as well and re-done the steps you advised.

In the debugger page it still only shows the same error.

In the console I can see at the bottom left corner
      EasySCP 2.1.0
      build: 20180216
      Debug Mode: On

In the Daemon log I see that it successfully adds the mail accounts but the moment it comes to the htaccess it fails on the very first domain with the following out of the log.

[Jan 07 20:12:01] debug: Finished "DaemonMail::Start" subprocess.
      [Jan 07 20:12:01] debug: Starting "DaemonDomain::Start" subprocess.
      [Jan 07 20:12:01] debug: Starting "DaemonDomain::handleHTAccess = domain1.co.za" subprocess.
      [Jan 07 20:12:01] debug: Starting "DaemonDomainCommon::writeHTAccessUser = domain1.co.za" subprocess.
      [Jan 07 20:12:01] warning: [PHP Warning] file_put_contents(/var/www/virtual/domain1.co.za/.htpasswd): failed to open stream: No such file or directory [l:396]
      [Jan 07 20:12:01] warning: Failed to write content to /var/www/virtual/domain1.co.za/.htpasswd [l:1512]
      [Jan 07 20:12:01] warning: Failed to write htaccess_users for domain1.co.za [l:375]
      [Jan 07 20:12:01] debug: Writing htaccess users failed
      [Jan 07 20:12:01] debug: Handling of htaccess for domain1.co.za failed!
      [Jan 07 20:12:01] debug: Checking of htaccess related data failed
      [Jan 07 20:12:01] debug: Finished "DaemonCore::Start" subprocess.
      [Jan 07 20:12:01] info: Finished DaemonCore subprocess.
      [Jan 07 20:12:01] info: Closing connection.